iTOL Toolbar for Mozilla Firefox
If you have a personal account, and access iTOL using Mozilla Firefox, you can install our Firefox toolbar. The toolbar provides an overview of your iTOL workspaces, projects and trees directly from the toolbar, with easy access to the many iTOL features. For example, double clicking any tree in the toolbar will take you to the iTOL tree display page and load the corresponding tree.
Using the toolbar:
- You should specify your login info in the toolbar options first. Options dialog can be accessed through the menu (click on the arrow next to the iTOL logo). Toolbar startup options can be changed there as well.
- Click the 'Login' button on the right side of the toolbar. You should now see the list of your workspaces, projects and trees in the box below the main toolbar.
- Expand the workspaces and projects by clicking on the 'plus' icons next to their names. Double click on any item to display it in iTOL. You can also use the 'Open' or 'Display tree' icon in the toolbar, which will appear after selecting a row.
- If a project is selected, an additional button ('Upload tree') will appear, which will take you to the tree upload page for the project.
- If a tree is selected, 2 additional buttons will appear ('Tree color editor' and 'Interactive tree editor') which will take you the corresponding iTOL pages for that tree.
Install the toolbar
The toolbar is now available through the official Mozilla Add-on repository: iTOL toolbar at Firefox Add-ons
If you find it useful, please leave a comment or rating on the Add-on page.